Monday 5 December 2011

Day Twenty Nine: Hardest. Class. Ever!

I can't believe that it took me until my second last day of the HYC for me to be in Chris Rurka's Hot Fusion class! First of all, I heard every single word he said, so I'm already thrilled. And secondly, this practice kicked my arse!!! Tonight's class doesn't even register on the sliding sweat scale. How do I explain this? You know my new dry wick wear from Lululemon, the stuff where the angels take the sweat away? Well I was pouring sweat so much that my sassy red top turned burgundy. BURGUNDY! Gross!

Anyway, really fun class - a nice new spin on the stuff we've been doing. And he was really encouraging throughout the class so I really appreciated that. It was like when the French instructor touched my foot - doesn't take much to cheer me on:)

So the combos we had tonight were so different than what we've been doing that I was exhausted really early and could barely keep up. Again, I was soaking wet about five minutes in, and my mantra morphed into "Holy Sh*t! Holy Sh*t!" For sure people heard me. I couldn't help it. At one point, my mat was bunched up like an accordion and I was slipping around like a newborn calf and being all squeaky - I was the one who sounded like I was making balloon animals. If there was any oxygen getting to my brain, I would've had the clarity to have been embarrassed!

So very happy with tonight's class. It makes me feel like even though tomorrow is Day 30 (Eeeeek!) of the HYC, I want to learn so much more and there is an infinite amount of room for improvement. I can get so much stronger and I must have a bit more grace left in me somewhere that is just screaming to get out:) I'm excited to keep going. (Don't worry...I won't blog about it everyday;)

I'm beginning to see examples of how hot yoga is affecting me mentally. I really am much more calm at work..because normally I'm a prize bi....,but enough about me. As great as the emotional and mental benefits are...and I'd say the emotional vs. the physical is aboout 50/50...I still can't help but be thrilled that I think my bum is getting nice again:)  Bah ha ha.

I'm sorry about this post. I had a giant glass of wine and I think I'm bombed. On a Monday. In bed. Nice.  In all fairness, my alcohol tolerance is for sure way down. They should tell you that before you start and maybe I wouldn't have gin and tonics in my water jar!

Good night, All.

Justy

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment