Tuesday 6 March 2012

Day Two: This ain't your Grandma's yoga bag!

I'm not proud of this, but I'm a big fan of instant gratification. Treats and praise are huge motivators for me. If I don't get to buy something, eat/drink something or get praised about something after an accomplishment, I'm not interested. This was a huge deal during the last HYC and perhaps I went a little overboard with the incentives - like when I couldn't bring myself to do one more load of sweaty laundry and dropped $200 at Lululemon simply because I needed something to get me through. This sounds dramatic. I assure you, it was.

Cute story about Lululemon while we're on the topic. My 80-year-old parents made the trip to Market Mall to find the famous Lululemons and buy me the yoga bag I wanted for Christmas. They walked all over the mall looking for it and finally had to ask. I had forgotten to mention the outside of the store only has the logo out front and not the name. They had to ask someone. Can you imagine this cute pair of British octogenarians asking where "Lululemons" is?  Adore! And I love my bag! And I am so proud of them for making the trek into the unknown. I was going to post a link to my bag but it's already been replaced by presumably, an even better bag on the Lulu website - probably one that comes with an umbrella or fold out into pants or something. Such a racket! :)

Another awesome Christmas pressie was my new towel made specifically for hot yoga. I had pooh-pooh'd these in the past as my 20-yr-old Bacardi beach towel was perfectly sufficient. But my friend Jason gave me this towel for Christmas and I can't believe I made it through one class without it - let alone an entire month. I go back to my old mantra that is, "If someone who works at Lululemon tells you something, it is so." Thanks for this incredible towel, Jason...it's made all the difference in the world. I have another confession to make. I wanted a second towel to use while the other was in the wash and I actually found one at Winners for $19.99. It's obviously not as good as the Lulu one, but it is way better than my manky old beach towel. In a pinch, go to Winners or Homesense and grab one of these things. 

Third confession of the night: I bought something at Planet Organic. I can't stand these places. They reek of patchouli and are chocka with hippies. You can't even buy Diet Coke there! So dumb. But I digress. With all the extra heat and sweating I have become a moisturizing fiend - especially on my face. I use an awesome face cream already - the name of which I will save for another day because it deserves its own entry:) Obviously the best way is to "moisturize from within" and drink lots of water. But what I've stashed away in my yoga bag is a spray bottle of - if you can believe it - rose water! You heard correctly. Known for its moisturizing properties, rose water is the perfect post yoga face spritz that gets rid of the sweat, freshens and moisturizes until I can get home, wash my face and replace the moisture properly. There are several brands out there but the one I got is called Heritage Brand Rose Water. It come in a hideous circa 1970 bottle and was about $12. I love it. And this ain't your Grandma's yoga bag!

So that's enough from me tonight, Friendies. Thanks for indulging the madness.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment